Bike Mechanic Chichester
We need a Bike Mechanic for our Totton store.
We are looking for a Bike Mechanic to join our Chichester store. The successful candidate will have industry experience, a passion for cycling, be able to build, repair and service all kinds of bikes, and advise our customers on the products and services they need. If this sounds like you and you feel you have what it takes to repair, maintain and sell high end cycling equipment, then we would love to hear from you!
Location: 106-108 The Hornet, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 7JR
Working Hours: 40 hours per week averaged over a two-week period, including alternate weekends
Salary: Very Competitive – depending on experience
Enjoy our benefits
– Trade price staff purchase scheme on products including bikes, parts, accessories and clothing
– Pension contribution scheme
– Cycle to work scheme
– 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Maintenance, repairs and servicing
- Providing excellent levels of customer service
- Actively pursue all sales opportunities and ensure that the customer is advised on suitable product for their individual needs.
- Maintain a smart, tidy, safe and well merchandised working environment.
- Complete daily and weekly duties ensuring the smooth running of the store
- Handling special orders, warranty returns, booking in jobs and customer issues. Being aware of current promotions, working with Epos systems.
- Aid in unloading stock transfers.
- Play an active role in maintaining an efficient stock management system.
You’ll need to have the following skills
- Knowledge of an extensive range of cycle equipment as you will be building bikes; identifying faults and deciding what kind of repairs or maintenance are needed
- You will need to be thorough and be able to pay attention to detail.
- A Cytech qualification would be advantageous, but most importantly experience with bike repairs and servicing
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and working colleagues
- Be able to work as part of a dynamic sales team.
- Have the drive to achieve and the self-motivation to maintain the highest of standards.
- Ensure a smart appearance and ensure a helpful, approachable attitude is maintained at all times.
- Have a basic computer literacy
- During extreme times you may be required to complete tasks outside of your normal duties/responsibilities or working hours.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header – Bike Mechanic – Chichester