Bike Mechanic – Southampton
We need a Bike Mechanic in Southampton
Due to our rapid expansion we are looking for a bike mechanic to join our Totton store. The successful candidate will have industry experience, a passion for cycling and be able to build, repair and service all kinds of bikes. If this sounds like you and you feel you have what it takes to repair and maintain high end cycling equipment then we would love to hear from you!
Location: Totton (Just outside Southampton)
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2016
Salary: Cytech Level 2 (£14 – 20k depending on experience) / Cytech Level 3 (£18 – 25k depending on experience)
Enjoy our benefits
– Trade price staff purchase scheme on products including bikes, parts, accessories and clothing
– Free cycling kit
– Pension contribution scheme
– Yearly company bonus
– Cycle to work scheme
- Maintenance, repairs and servicing
- Providing excellent levels of customer service
- Actively pursue all sales opportunities and ensure that the customer is advised on suitable product for their individual needs.
- Maintain a smart, tidy, safe and well merchandised working environment.
- Complete daily and weekly duties ensuring the smooth running of the store
- Handling special orders, warranty returns, booking in jobs and customer issues. Being aware of current promotions, working with Epos systems.
- Aid in unloading stock transfers.
- Play an active role in maintaining an efficient stock management system.
You’ll need to have the following skills
- You will need to have knowledge of an extensive range of cycle equipment as you will be building bikes; identifying faults and deciding what kind of repairs or maintenance are needed.
- Cytech Level 2 or equivalent but a minimum of Level 1 will be considered.
- You will need to be thorough and be able to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and working colleagues
- Be able to work as part of a dynamic sales team.
- Have the drive to achieve and the self motivation to maintain the highest of standards.
- Ensure a smart appearance and ensure a helpful, approachable attitude is maintained at all times.
- Have a basic computer literacy
- During extreme times you may be required to complete tasks outside of your normal duties/responsibilities or working hours.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject header – Bike Mechanic – Totton