Bike Mechanic – Warehouse – Southampton
We need a Bike Mechanic
Due to our rapid expansion, we are looking for a full time bike mechanic to join our warehouse in Southampton (soon to be based in Romsey). The successful candidate will have industry experience, a passion for cycling and be able to build, repair and package down all kinds of bikes. If this sounds like you and you feel you have what it takes to repair and package high end cycling equipment, then we would love to hear from you!
Location: Southampton, (soon to be Romsey)
Working Hours: Average 40 hours per week
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th October 2017
Salary: £17,000 – £19,000 depending on experience
Enjoy our benefits
– Trade price staff purchase scheme on products including bikes, parts, accessories and clothing
– Employer matched pension contribution scheme
– Bonus Scheme
– Cycle to work scheme
– 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Building and packaging down bikes ready for transportation to customers.
- Providing excellent levels of customer service.
- Actively pursue all sales opportunities and ensure that the customer is advised on suitable product for their individual needs.
- Maintain a smart, tidy, and safe working environment.
- Complete daily and weekly duties ensuring the smooth running of the workshop.
- Handling special orders, warranty returns, and customer enquiries.
- Being aware of current promotions and working with Epos systems.
- Aid in unloading stock transfers.
- Play an active role in maintaining an efficient stock management system.
You’ll need to have the following skills
- You will need to have knowledge of an extensive range of cycle equipment as you will be building bikes; identifying any faults and packaging the bike ready for transportation.
- Cytech Level 2 or equivalent but a minimum of Level 1 will be considered.
- You will need to be thorough and be able to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and working colleagues.
- Have the drive to achieve and the self-motivation to maintain the highest of standards.
- Ensure a smart appearance and ensure a helpful, approachable attitude is maintained at all times.
- Have a basic computer literacy
- During extreme times you may be required to complete tasks outside of your normal duties/responsibilities or working hours.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject header – Bike Mechanic – Warehouse