Customer Service Assistant – Head Office / Southampton
Do you have a passion for cycling and a flair for helping answer questions related to all things bikes? Then read on because we might just have the job for you!
We are currently looking for a confident, polite and helpful Customer Service Assistant to be responsible for all aspects of customer relations based at our Head Office near Southampton. If you have a passion for cycling and are happy to help look after our customers via telephone and email then we would like to hear from you!
Location: Head Office – Southampton
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2016
Salary: £16,000 – £20,000 depending on experience
Enjoy our benefits
- Trade price staff purchases scheme on products including bikes, parts, accessories and clothing
- Free cycling kit
- Pension contribution scheme
- Annual company bonus
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays
Your duties will include
- Answering the phone professionally to customers and dealing with all manner of enquiries in a timely manner, while offering advice, support and solutions so our customers get the best care possible from Hargroves Cycles
- Process web sales though an epos system for delivery while keeping our customers up to date at relevant intervals
- Process customer returns through an epos system while making sure to keep the customer informed of any time scales and payments along the way
- Resolve customer complaints and problems in a polite and courteous way so our customers can feel confident in the service that we offer
- Working within monthly and quarterly targets and deadlines to resolve queries
- Ensure that all payments are dealt with accurately in order to minimise fraudulent activity
- Request relevant stock from stores to meet customer orders
- Taking responsibility for your own workload, which includes decision making and planning and prioritising to achieve the required business results
- Take responsibility for identifying ways to improve and maintain high levels of productivity
- Actively participate in team meetings and training sessions
You will ideally
- Have a passion and knowledge of cycles from road, mountain and electric to all the extras that make the cycling experience that bit more personal for us all!
- Have a proven track record of successfully working within a customer services role.
- Experience of working within an eCommerce environment.
- Have great communication skills, especially on the phone but also understand email etiquette.
- Be organised and computer literate.
- Enjoy working as part of a team but also on your own when needed.
- Have the drive to achieve and the self motivation to maintain the highest of standards.
- Committed to on-going self development.
- Ideally you will have a minimum of English and Maths at GCSE level. (or equivalent).
- During extreme times you may be required to complete tasks outside of your normal duties/responsibilities or working hours, which can include representing Hargroves Cycles at various events throughout the year, such as the QE Fest.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header – Customer Service Assistant – Head Office