Hargroves Cycles Ladies Maintenance Session – Swindon 11/03/2016
We hosted the first installment of our ladies maintenance sessions series in our Swindon store last week. Our trained mechanics were on hand to share their expertise on basic cycle maintenance, empowering the ladies with confidence so they can attempt to tackle roadside / trail fixes.
The group was split into three groups so then riders could choose what discipline they were most interested in, full suspension, mountain bike hardtail and a road bike.
As an observer of the session it was great to see such a mix of female cyclists, some being club riders from MBSwindon, Chainset Chicks, Cotsworld Veldridjen, Darkroom Espresso all with a common interest of cycling.
What made this session appealing to most was the fact that it was a hands on practical session where the trained mechanics would supervise the cyclists to try and fix the situation on their own bike.
As this was a session which was aimed at novice cyclists it covered:
• How to remove / inserting wheels (Including rear wheel removal and chain placement around the cassette) and for mountain bikes, How bolt through axles work.
• Explanation of what a quick link is and what the benefits and how to install them
• Setup of gears and brakes
• How to care for your bike and what cleaning products will help you to keep you bike in tip top condition.
• The correct tools for the job
• How to remove an inner tube, fix a puncture and then reassemble back into working order.
If you are interested to get involved in the next session please drop Mark Sealey (Swindon Store Manager) an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.
Our next ladies maintenance session in at our Fareham branch on the 22nd March – If you would like to attend this session please email email@example.com