Online Merchandiser – Romsey
We need an Online Merchandiser
We are currently looking for an Online Merchandiser to join our expanding team within the buying department.
Working hours: Average 40 Hours per week
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Closing date for applications: 10th November 2017
- Trade price staff purchase on products including bikes, parts, accessories and clothing
- Employer matched Pension Scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays
In the role of Online Merchandiser, you will take a customer focused and analytically minded approach to plan, optimise and develop the product listing strategy. Drawing upon your keen eye for detail and genuine interest in selling products digitally, you will work on our eCommerce website to maximise digital sales and trading operations by supporting a clear digital merchandising strategy, driven by customer insights and digital trading analytics..
Role and Responsibilities
As the Online Merchandiser you will be responsible for the accurate and efficient delivery of the following:
- Responsible for uploading products on to the website and writing SEO keyword optimised product descriptions.
- Taking responsibility for the overall accuracy of the product information including images, descriptions, prices etc.
- Maximising product conversion rate through the collection and upload of additional product information.
- Continuously improve content based on feedback collated by the customer service team to improve the customer journey keeping it well guided and efficient with conversion and customer satisfaction being the KPI.
- Plan for forward seasons including promotions in line with buying and marketing strategies.
- Using Google Analytics to sort the product order within a listing (for example featuring products and bestsellers at the top).
- High knowledge of office 365 especially Excel
- Visual basic access knowledge
- Good knowledge of bicycles and bicycle accessories
- Provide first class service in a positive helpful manner
- Ideally have background in Retail working with customers directly as well as online
- To be able to work as a team on more than one task concurrently to achieve tight deadlines
- To have a minimum of 2 years commercial experience in a formal online merchandising role.
- Adopt a mature and professional demeanour at all times
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject header – Online Merchandiser