Swindon Demo Day : Top 3 Reasons to come along and test some bikes
Here are our top 3 reasons to come along with your mates to the Hargroves Cycles Swindon’s Demo Day this Sunday. Every year the event is held at Croft country Park in partnership with MB Swindon, one of the local mountain bike clubs in Swindon. The Croft Trail is the perfect setting to trial one of the latest bike offerings from some top brands.
1) The Hargroves Cycles Swindon Demo Day is the largest mountain bike test day held in Swindon. With top brands such as Specialized, Cannondale, Cube, Santa Cruz, Juliana and Scott all having bikes available to test, there certainly will be alot of temptation to buy a new bike. Please remember that to be able to test a bike we have some terms and conditions to be eligible to take a bike out for test. Terms & Conditions below.
2) As mentioned the Croft Country Trail is a great mountain bike venue in Swindon boasting kilometers of way marked trails. As the Swindon terrain is fairly flat a general loop can be completed in approx 25 – 35mins. How to get to the Croft Trail >> Click Here.
Way marked trails at Croft Country Park, Swindon.
3) As per previous year’s we have partnered with a local mountain bike club (MB Swindon) to host this event. Onsite MB Swindon will be hosting the BBQ which all the proceeds go back into the up keep of the Croft Country Park trails. If you are new to cycling or mountain biking this event is a great place to come to learn about what is going on in the cycling scene in Swindon.
Terms & Conditions:
- Always wear a helmet; you are not permitted to ride any of the bikes unless you are wearing a helmet.
- Familiarise yourself with the bike; remember all bikes behave differently, so take your time to become familiar with the bike before tackling technical trails.
- Don’t push the limits; The demo day is designed to give you an opportunity to feel how the bike you are interested in buying, performs in a real off road environment. The bike must be treated with respect and ridden only in the manner in which it has been designed.
- KEEP BOTH WHEELS IN CONTACT WITH THE GROUND AT ALL TIMES
- RIDE WITHIN YOUR ABILITIES
- Stick to the trail; Croft Country Park has miles of way-marked cross country bike trails. PLEASE STICK TO THEM and stay off foot paths. Trust us, the ride is much more rewarding if you do.
- Hargroves Cycles staff, along with bicycle manufacturer representative’s are on hand to answer any questions you might have. Please let them help you set up the suspension for the bike you choose to ride BEFORE you set off. This will provide a much better ride quality and also resist damaging the bike. Make sure you are riding an appropriate sized bike and don’t exceed the maximum seat height.
Please hand in your Driving License/Passport and matching credit card when completing the on the day registration document. We will store these items in a locked money safe hidden away from public view behind locked doors. Your Driving License/Passport and security credit card is kept under our full responsibility.
While in your possession, the bike you are riding is your responsibility. If you allow anybody else to ride the cycle, that too is your responsibility until the cycle has been returned. It is expected to get muddy and dirty, so have fun. However, it is your responsibility to pay for any damage resulting from miss use. A snapped chain or puncture is not considered to be miss use. Puncture repair facilities are available at base camp or if you are riding with a guide, they will be carrying essential tools.
Any injury sustained when out on a bike, is solely your responsibility. Hargroves Cycles Ltd, its staff or the manufacturers supplying bikes on the day, may not be held responsible.